- The PSs on Wednesdays start at 12:30.
- The solution of Problem5 from Exercise-Sheet 6-7 is given here. The first part is presented only, the second part is very similar.
- Take-Home Exam-II is uploaded, you may first download it from Assignments page at 14:00 on Wednesday, 20/12/17.
- Week 51, Thursday lecture will be held by Dr. Sokolov, and he will present solutions of the Take-Home Exam II.
- Week 51, Tuesday lecture has already been done in the Week 50; thus, there is no lecture on Tuesday Week 51.
- Week 51, due to the Take-Home Exam II, there will be no PSs.
- TAKE-HOME EXAM II: next week Wednesday, 20.12, you will be able to download the Take-Home Exam II, at the Assignments page, from 14:00 on. You must submit your solutions shortly before the lecture on 21.12, up to 14:00, in the lecture room, or via e-mail which is available in Syllabus or ebayrakt at math.tu.dortmund.de. NO late submissions will be accepted (later than 14:15)!
- Exercise-Sheet 8 and Exercise-Sheet 9 are uploaded. We will discuss Exercise-Sheet 8 and 9 first in the New Year. I strongly recommend you to work on the exercises during the new-year break.
- Today (05.12), we have decided that the Tuesday lecture on 19.12 will be combined with the lecture on 12.12. Therefore, the lecture on 12.12 will be 2 hours lecture and will start at 08:15.
- You may take back your Quizes and Take-Home Exams at my office (M-1033), after lectures.
- Some friends told that you have an exam on this Friday. Unfortunately, since it was a very short notice, it is not possible to shift the lecture to Wednesday. However, there will be NO Quiz this Thursday (07.12).
- Week 49, there are NO PSs! * Exercise-Sheet VI-VII is uploaded (Week 48-49).
- On Tuesday (31.11) we meet at 08:45. We will be discussing Errors and Best Fit Functions. Thursday lecture (02.12) will be a review lecture; please think about what you would like to revisit, we will decide on the content of the lecture together at the Tuesday lecture.
- The PSs in Week-48 on 22.11 and 23.11 are held by the assistant.
- Student 207317, please sign-up yourself in the list. I do not have your personal information as Name, Surname, etc.
- The results of the Quiz-III are available at the Grades.
- The results of the Take-Home Exam-I and Quiz-II are available at the Grades. Please, see the average and the standard deviation. If you have got less than MEAN - STD, you need to work harder to pass the course ;).
- Exercise-Sheet IV is uploaded (Week 46).
- We meet at 08:15 on 14.11, it will be 2 hours lecture! We have not had the time to completly cover the Chp. 6 on Thursday due to repeating the LU and PLU decompositions. We will start with an algortihm for The Jordan Form. Then, We will study Special Properties of Symmetric Matrices. Please be familiar with the terms: Transpose, Hermitian, Unitary, Orthogonal. You may do some reading from the mentioned textbooks in Syllabus.
- We meet at 08:45 on 14.11, it will be one hour lecture!
We will study Special Properties of Symmetric Matrices. Please be familiar with the terms: Transpose, Hermitian, Unitary, Orthogonal. You may do some reading from the mentioned textbooks in Syllabus.
- The PSs in Week-45 on 08.11 and 09.11 are held by the instructor.
- We meet at 08:45 on 07.11, it will be one hour lecture! We will start with the theory of eigenvectors and eigenvalues. Please be familiar with the terms: eigen-vector/-value, characteristic polynomial and Schur form, in order to get the most out of the lecture. You may do some reading from the mentioned textbooks in Syllabus or here.
- Today, 24.10, we agreed on the following dates for the Final-Exams
30.01.2018, Final-Exam I
07.03.2018, Final-Exam II
When these dates are approved by the administration, it will be announced again.
- Take-Home Exam-I is uploaded, you may first download it from Assignments page at 14:00 on Wednesday, 01/11/17 .
- Your grades from exams and quizzes will be posted at Grades page under the corresponding title.
- Quiz-1 is graded! You may see your results here; please refer to explanations at Grades page under the Quiz-1 title if anything is not clear.
- Week 44, there will be no Exercise-Sheets and PS; and, no new lecture material will be covered. 31.10 and 01.11 are holidays in NRW, Germany.
- TAKE-HOME EXAM I: next week Wedensday, 01.11, you will be able to download the Take-Home Exam I, at the Assignments page, from 14:00 on. You must submit your solutions shortly before the lecture on 02.11, up to 14:00, in the lecture room.
- Today, 24.10, we had a Pop-up Quiz in the lecture, the results will be announced in the website; and the solutions will be presented in the lecture on 26.10.
- The both PSs in Week-43 (on 18.10 and 19.10) are held by the assistant.
- In the lecture on 19.10, we will seek good dates for the Final Exams.
- Regarding registration for the course via TU BOSS system, there are 2 options available for the course:
- 60100 Modul Advanced Engineering Mathematics,
- 60110 Modul Advanced Engineering Mathematics.
Please, do not rush to get enrolled via TU BOSS system, first let me clarify this issue (what these 2 modules are) with the administration.
For the moment, it is more important that you are signed-up in the paper list, or better here. * In the lecture on 19.10, we did not have the chance to seek good dates for the Final Exams; thus, we will do it on 24.10, during the lecture.